function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mits430mits430 

Publicly accessible Ideas

Hi there. 

I'd like to enable to public our org's Ideas site.

So I tried following settings, but it doesn't works (it appear "Authorization Required").

1. [Setup] - [Develop] - [Sites]

I added Home Page, Ideas Pages, Search Pages, Lookup Page to "Site Standard Pages".

2. [Setup] - [Create] - [Apps]

I ensured that the "Ideas tab" are available for profile used by my Sites site.

Probably, it seems that the guest profile can't access Ideas data.

Would you tell me any solution for this and what I doing wrong?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mits430mits430

Hi mike1983.

Thank you for your favor.

Sorry, that explanation I wrote was insufficient...
And actually, this problem was solved in many try & error.

I just wanted one that the IdeasList has public visibility without posting from guest profile.

I mean, it's not been displayed correctly when I entered the url, http://mysites.force.com/ideas/ideaList.apexp, before I fix.
and I don't use the VF. Even if I got what I wanted in another solution, it maybe appear like basic HTML of Customer Potal.

I've also tried the verification you mentioned and I realize it haven't permission issue.

Here is solution I did in this my case.

1. Create Partner Portal and checked "Login Enabled".
2. In Ideas "Community Edit", ensure "Portal" is set "Show in all Portals".

All Answers

mike1983mike1983

I would verify that your guest profile has permissions to all of the Ideas objects if it doesnt then sites will block it... One thing to test is hit the sites APEX page directly from within your org when you are logged in as you. If that works but it doesnt externally then you have a permissions issue. 

Heres how to do that.

Your ideas VF page  in sites is something like sitesurl.force.com/ideas_page?id=param&someparam=something esle 

What you need to do is copy everything after the / then log into your org and after the .com put /apex/ WHAT YOU COPIED

If that works but the site doesn't then you have a permissions issue. 

mits430mits430

Hi mike1983.

Thank you for your favor.

Sorry, that explanation I wrote was insufficient...
And actually, this problem was solved in many try & error.

I just wanted one that the IdeasList has public visibility without posting from guest profile.

I mean, it's not been displayed correctly when I entered the url, http://mysites.force.com/ideas/ideaList.apexp, before I fix.
and I don't use the VF. Even if I got what I wanted in another solution, it maybe appear like basic HTML of Customer Potal.

I've also tried the verification you mentioned and I realize it haven't permission issue.

Here is solution I did in this my case.

1. Create Partner Portal and checked "Login Enabled".
2. In Ideas "Community Edit", ensure "Portal" is set "Show in all Portals".

This was selected as the best answer