function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anu_karthianu_karthi 

How can i disable TextFiled in salesforce

hi everyone,

I want to disable the textfield in salesforce.I have to confirm is it possible to disable textfield in salesforce.

In my application one text filed is like this STATUS 20-40.In this field default value always is status(20-40).

No one can change this value.If possible this functionality in sales force plz help me.

Thanks,

anu

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
deepzdeepz
Make the field read-only to make it non-editable. As for the default value, when you are creating the text field enter the value "Status(20-40)" in the formula editor with the quotes. This value will be displayed by default.

All Answers

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

Yes you can do this by using the "Disabled" attribute!

Hope you are building a VF page here.

Cool_D

anu_karthianu_karthi

thanks for ur reply,

i am not using VFpage.i want to give atleast default value to textfiled by using formula editor.which function supports to give default value in formula.plz tell me with syntax.

Thanks,

anu..

deepzdeepz
Make the field read-only to make it non-editable. As for the default value, when you are creating the text field enter the value "Status(20-40)" in the formula editor with the quotes. This value will be displayed by default.
This was selected as the best answer
anu_karthianu_karthi

Thankyou so much for ur reply,

i want to know one more concept.i am doing one application.In that appliaction can i give link from one field to another object.In this object i have to enter all the fields and save it, then come back to the original object. Is it possible to give link from one field to another object in sales force.plz tell me.if possible tell me the procesess.

Thanks,

Anu..

Krishna_Krishna_

hi ,

Set ReadOnly in Detail page. or Apply Disabled Attribute in Visual Force page.

Hope this will help U.

Thanks,

krishna.