function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ccMarkccMark 

Issue with the developerforce wiki

I'm having an issue logging in to view content on the wiki using my developer force account.  I keep getting the following error message and I think it's because I had a developer account in a previous job and can't log in using that account.  Anyone know who to contact for assistance with this?

Database error

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "User::addToDatabase". MySQL returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'Mark Boyer (Mark Boyer)' for key 'user_name' (localhost)".
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rhardy_amsrhardy_ams
Thanks for the info Mark!  Actually I think I figured out a work around... login into your developer account and change your name to something that will most likely be unique (I just changed my last name to "Hardy AMS").  Once I made this change, I could log into the wiki.  Hope this helps you too!!

All Answers

rhardy_amsrhardy_ams

I am having the same problem:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "User::addToDatabase". MySQL returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'Robert Hardy (Robert Hardy)' for key 'user_name' (localhost)".

ccMarkccMark

I spoke with a support person at Salesforce a couple days ago and he suggested that I try to create a new login.  Unfortunately, when I tried this before it didn't work.  I think the problem is related to the fact that the WIKI is using the name as a unique identifier for each person and once you create a new account the name can't be reused so it causes problems.

The good news in all this is that Salesforce is replatforming these pages to force.com.  Given that it's going away, I sure they're focusing most of their energies on getting the new site up rather than fixing the existing one.  So for now, I'm just waiting until a solution is provided.

rhardy_amsrhardy_ams
Thanks for the info Mark!  Actually I think I figured out a work around... login into your developer account and change your name to something that will most likely be unique (I just changed my last name to "Hardy AMS").  Once I made this change, I could log into the wiki.  Hope this helps you too!!
This was selected as the best answer