function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ULukachULukach 

Connection issues with eclipse 3.4.2 & salesforce.com server

Hi,

I am developing application ontop of force.com using eclipse 3.4.2 with force.com plugin.

I am currently working from 2 diffenet locations, when I work from home I am facing connection issues when conducting operations like saving "pages","controllers" or simply "refresh from server".

Eclipse "Progress" displays the followig messge (for few minutes) for simple save operation:

'Polling Server 'na7-api.salesforce.com' for response(2)'

When issuing netstat command I can see that I have an established connecton

TCP    uri:3062               na7-api-sjl.salesforce.com:https  ESTABLISHED

When I work from my office the responsivness is much faster (few seconds)

Do you have any ideas how can I speed up the communication between eclipse & salesforce.com servers?

Appreciate your assistance

Uri 

Message Edited by ULukach on 11-24-2009 01:57 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ULukachULukach
Hi,

I am rather new the Force.com platform, I am trying to understand what is the best way to work with Apex to create my company site.

I currently use Eclipse 3.4.2 + Force.com perspective, so far I only created pages & controllers.

When I update the page or controller and try to save them using Eclipse the saving process can take more than 10 minutes.

I increased my DSL connection speed to 5Mbps, although I still wait more than 10 minutes for every save request.

Should I work with the online editors of force.com instead of Eclipse ?

Should I update Eclipse to 3.5 ? or downgrade to 3.3 ?

Should I define something in Eclipse to speed "save" time ?

I would really appreciate any assistance or tip

Thanks
Uri

All Answers

ULukachULukach
Hi,

I am rather new the Force.com platform, I am trying to understand what is the best way to work with Apex to create my company site.

I currently use Eclipse 3.4.2 + Force.com perspective, so far I only created pages & controllers.

When I update the page or controller and try to save them using Eclipse the saving process can take more than 10 minutes.

I increased my DSL connection speed to 5Mbps, although I still wait more than 10 minutes for every save request.

Should I work with the online editors of force.com instead of Eclipse ?

Should I update Eclipse to 3.5 ? or downgrade to 3.3 ?

Should I define something in Eclipse to speed "save" time ?

I would really appreciate any assistance or tip

Thanks
Uri

This was selected as the best answer
larubbiolarubbio
I'm experiencing this same issue.  Also the "answer" that is marked as the solution is actually someone saying they are experiencing the same issue.  Is it possible to get this question marked as un-answered?
Abhinav GuptaAbhinav Gupta

Try clearing DNS Cache, more details here : http://www.tgerm.com/2011/09/connection-issues-with-salesforce.html