function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobRRobR 

Simple Button help

Hi,

I am trying to get a button to update a checkbox field once its clicked. Is there a simple way of doing this?

Thanks

shillyershillyer

Check out this thread.

Hope that helps,

Sati

ZetaZeta

It's simple, your button must call an apex method on the page controller.

This method will retrieve the object that you want to change and modify the checkbox.

Here's an example:

SimpleObject is a Custom Object that its only field is Check. SimpleObject { CheckBox Check; } Apex Page: CheckBoxExample.page ************************************************************************* <apex:page controller="CheckBoxExampleControl" > <apex:form > <apex:commandButton value="Check All" action="{!checkAll}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Uncheck All" action="{!uncheckAll}"/> </apex:form> </apex:page> ************************************************************************* Controler: CheckBoxExampleControl.cls ************************************************************************* public with sharing class CheckBoxExampleControl { public PageReference checkAll(){ /* Get All the Objects */ List<SimpleObject__c> objs = [SELECT Check__c FROM SimpleObject__c]; /* Check all Check Field */ for(SimpleObject__c obj: objs) obj.Check__c = true; update objs; return null; } public PageReference uncheckAll(){ /* Get All the Objects */ List<SimpleObject__c> objs = [SELECT Check__c FROM SimpleObject__c]; /* Uncheck all Check Field */ for(SimpleObject__c obj: objs) obj.Check__c = false; update objs; return null; } } *************************************************************************

Now if you go to the page: yourdomain/apex/checkboxexample, you will see a page
with two buttons, Check All and Uncheck All, if you click one of these, all the
SimpleObjects will have the Check field selected or not, depending on what have
you clicked.
This is just an example, you may edit, modify and use as you want.

If this is not what are you looking for, please provide more information and i'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ezequiel

Message Edited by Zeta on 11-25-2009 10:18 AM
RobRRobR

Thank you for your reply. I'm not exactly sure what to do with the apexi code.

I currently have one button called "Create Job" when this is clicked I want a tickbox called "Job_Created" to be enabled and another screen to display. I have got the next page to display but the checkbox never gets enabled. I assume I want to use "onclick javascript" but I am unsure of the code.

Hope that makes sense? 

Thanks.

RobRRobR

Here is the link I would like loading: https://na6.salesforce.com/a06/e?retURL=%2Fa06%2Fo with a check box being enabled.

Thanks,

ZetaZeta

Hi rob, i'm afraid i do not understand exactly what you need (the link is user related).

Please provide me with more detail and maybe some screenshots and i'll do my best to adapt my code to your needs.