function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ranirani 

Help needed on describeLayout

Hi All,

I am using describeLayout method to retrieve page layout assigned for a provided object and record typeid.

sForce.DescribeLayoutResult dlr = binding.describeLayout(ObjectName, RecordTypeId);

The above call gives me the page layout assigned to my profile.

My profile is System Integration (Modify All Data) and can view all data in sales force UI i.e the matrix of page layout assignment for given objects profiles VS record type. But the same i am unable to do thru API call, it only gives the page layout assigned to my profile.

Is there any option for me to find out page layout assigned for given object name, record type and profile thru API call.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rani
SuperfellSuperfell
No, all api calls operate in the context of the calling user.
ranirani
But i can view/create/edit/delete all page layouts for all profiles and record types in sales force UI as i my credentials have administrator rights. Is this the property of API even though i am administrator?

Is there any way for me to change the profile after log in thru API i.e. after i call binding.login(user name,password), then is there any way to change the profile and then call the describeLayout call so i can get the desired page layout.

The reason for me is i am wishing to built a tool for myself which can give me page layout assigned once provided object name, record type and profile.

Regards,
Rani
SuperfellSuperfell
you should probably be looking at the metadata api instead.
ranirani
If you can provide me some start up of how to do that task using meta data api then that would be of great help.