function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
akshithakshith 

Relationship - Parent > Child > Grandchild

Hello All,

Can somebody suggest me the easiest way to implement ‘Parent > Child > Grandchild’ relationships on a page layout.  SFDC doesn’t support this so I am wondering what are the options.

Click on a Quote (Parent) and then Builds (Child) is displayed and then  Components (Grand Child).

All are Custom Objects.

Many Thanks,
Ak**bleep**h
werewolfwerewolf
Well what are you trying to show?  A related list with fields from the grandchild, or some information about the grandparent on the grandchild page?  The former you can only do with a Visualforce page; the latter you can probably do by chaining a couple of cross-object formulas together.
akshithakshith
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to display a related list with fields from the grandchild.

Regards,
Aks

makarandparab38makarandparab38

Hi
Were you able to build a solution on the above stated requirement of Relationship - Parent > Child > Grandchild. I am also trying to build the same thing and looking out for help.

Please let me know if you have any inputs on the same.

Regards
Makarand Parab 

Trailblazer7Trailblazer7
You can add a component to the lightning page and create the same using either flow or Aura compoent.
ALex John 9ALex John 9
Well the thing would you say you are attempting to show? A connected rundown with fields from the grandkid, or some data about the grandparent on the grandkid page? The previous you can just do with a Visualforce page; the last you can likely do by fastening two or three cross-object equations together. https://sabahscorner.com/
Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47

Hi akshith,

I want to konw that if you are posting your question on salesforce platform so according to salesforce 
If you are making one object and then giving lookup into other object then related object is child of the first object 

and if you again making a object and giving lookup of parent object then this object is called GrandParent object.

If you find your Solution then mark this as the best answer.

Thank you!

Regards,
  Suraj Tripathi