function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LarryHLarryH 

Approval Process Question

Hi - I hope someone will understand and be able to offer assistance. I've built an approval process around a contract renewal/rate increase object. This tool works by automatically creating a record. A sales person locates the renewal record. They indicate whether or not a customer should be renewed. I'd like the approval process to begin if a sales person selects the 'No' option, as these are subject to mngmt approval.

Currently, the submit for approval button appears in the Approval History related list at the bottom of the renewal record page layout.

Is there a way to integrate the functionality of the picklist with the 'Submit for Approval' button? I'd like this only to appear if a record is saved with 'No' selected.

The approval process I created thus far contains one step, as the direct manager of the account owner is the approver and makes all decisions. I need to indicate to the end user that it must be submitted for approval once saved or possibly combine the functions all together.

If there are any suggestions, i'd love to hear them and if need be, i'll leverage company schwag for answers! Thanks!

-Larry Hall