function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jcohanallroundsjcohanallrounds 

How to filter 'Lookup Relationships"

Hi,

I have a Lookup table i.e.   Key, Value  

How do I filter a LookupRelationship field so the resulting pull down list makes available a subset of the records in Lookup Table?

If the values are  'AccountType',  'Oil';  'AccountType', 'Technology',  'SizeType',  300 in the Lookup table and I want to filter the LookUpRelationship field by Key = 'AccountType' then the Lookup Relationship' field will only show  'Technology' and 'Oil'   (but not 300 because the Key = 'SizeType' and not 'AccountType')

Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 03-18-2009 03:07 PM
rockchick322004rockchick322004

The records in the lookup cannot be filtered by the admin (at this time...we are working on this...see the IdeaExchange post: http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/25164/Filter_on_Lookup).

However, you can enable Enhanced Lookups to expose Filter Fields to the end user, so that they can filter their lookup results.  On the backend, you can use a validation rule to make sure they have selected a valid value.

jcohanallroundsjcohanallrounds
I thought the documentation said that Enhanced Lookup Relationships could only be used on Standard Objects, Can they be used on customized objects like my StandardList's object?
FatimaFatima

Hi dear,
have a look at www.sarwari.org
You will be suprised ;-)
cheers
F