function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gringoesegringoese 

Trigger a workflow off API campaign member creation?

I am trying to trigger a workflow when I create a Campaign Member. In the Salesforce help files, it says that this can be done whenever a new lead is created from your website using the web to lead. I am not creating leads and campaign members through web to lead though, I am doing it through .NET and the Force API. Can anyone recommend a good approach for triggering a workflow off a Campaign Member in my scenario?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jkucerajkucera

As an update, Campaign Member workflow will be released with Summer '09 so you can do email alerts, outbound messages, and field updates on Campaign Member.

This might make your life easier moving forward.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Campaign Member is not presently enabled for workflow.  Since you're doing whatever it is you're doing via the API anyway, why not just perform whatever action you want via the API also?  Alternately, you could directly call an Apex web service.
jkucerajkucera

As an update, Campaign Member workflow will be released with Summer '09 so you can do email alerts, outbound messages, and field updates on Campaign Member.

This might make your life easier moving forward.

This was selected as the best answer
gringoesegringoese
Thanks for the update on this. I will definitely be taking advantage of it.
kmadminkmadmin

I see that workflow is enabled for campaign members but one of the action (creating task) is missing. We have a  need ot create follow-up task for the campaign member owner when the campaign member status changes from the default "Added" to "Sent".

How to accomplish this?

jkucerajkucera

Currently you cannot associate a task with a campaign member, so the best workaround is to associate tasks with the lead or contact.  You'd need to use Apex to accomplish this.