function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yudyud 

Formula Field based on other object

Hi

I want to add a Formula Field to a custom object which based on a value from another custom object.

How can I do a SOQL query in Formula Field defenition to get this vale from the second object?

Yitzchak

SrinivasanSrinivasan

Hi,

It is not necessary to write SOQL query in formula field, it simple configuration to get another field value through cross object formula field,

Prerequisite

1. Object should contain lookup relationship of the object for which field is to be displayed.

Steps

1. Create Formula field with text, and which is of 2 steps in SFDC configuration

2. In step 3 - page u will find 3 tabs "Simple formula" and "Advance  Formula" , select Advance formula and click insert button you get the ">" symbol behind lookup object and related fields name select required field name and save.

yudyud

Hi

I think that the solution you suggest is not suitable for my case.

In my case the referanced object is not deterministic so I cannot set it beforehand.

Some details:

I have a field that calculate an amount according to the latest CPI (consumer price index).

I hold all CPIs in a custom objects and I need to refer the latest CPI for this calculation.

Yitzchak

Message Edited by yud on 03-26-2009 10:39 AM
Message Edited by yud on 03-26-2009 10:40 AM