function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SabrinaSabrina 

Change shipping address labeling

Hi experts,

are we able to change the field name 'shipping address' to something else? Or are we able to create custom field with type= Address? Unfortunately I can't find this option under custom field set-up. Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Sabrina

SteveBowerSteveBower

1. Change the name, no. It's a standard field.

2. Custom field with type Address.  No.  Behind the scenes Salesforce actually has fields:  Mailing Street, Mailing City, Mailing State, Mailing Country, Mailing Postal Code, and they concatenate them all together for the UI to present as a unified "Address".  

You could certainly create your own versions of all those fields with your own labels but it would not have the same behavior (compiling an Address field) unless you wrote a Visual Force page to present your own UI to the user, in which case you can do whatever you wish.

Best, Steve.

rkanrkan

Hi,

I am newbie to Salesforce CRM.  I have a person account which has a standrad field "Shipping Address" but when I click on customer record the field label shown there is different. It is shown as "Deliver Address". I cannot see any such field in account or contact object. i am wondering where it is fetching from. I checked the label for Shipping Address , it is Shipping Address only. Can anyone tell me how is it taken care of? Is it something at backend taken care by Salesforce? Or I need to check it in any other object? Please help

Thanks in advance

Regards