function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj 

Approval by email

Hi ,

I am trying to approve a case by email. I am getting the notification in my email id. I reply back saying "YES" in the first line and send . Immediately i get a reply
"
Your workflow approval message was not processed. You are not authorized to update the referenced object. This error may occur if you have replied to the authorization request from a forwarded email address. Please contact your system administrator if you feel you received this message in error."

I have tried changing the profile of my user to "system administrator" and check again but still the same message comes.

Please help . This is urgent.
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke
Are you sure you are replying from the same email address as it was send to? The response has to come from the same email address the email was send to.

HorizonApexHorizonApex
I have the same issue.  Recently my outlook has been connected to the exchange server.  The error started after that.  Can anyone please help?  Thanks in advance.
Riz234Riz234

Exactly the same error message that I am receiving; same issue with me.

Your workflow approval message was not processed. You are not authorized to update the referenced object. Please do not reply to this message. Contact your system administrator if you feel you received this message in error.

What is the solution please ?

Riz234Riz234

I got the answer/solution.

The Approver profile did not had the permission to that object. It was related to PROFILES.

kkilpatrickkkilpatrick

I am the admin and have all permissions in my profile - yet I still get this error.  Any other ideas?

JP12345JP12345

Please check organisation-wide-default settings for the object on which approval process is written.This error may cause if OWD for corresponding object is "Private".