function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bing OwensBing Owens 

Elimination of dupes of contacts between users...

Another quick question.  When I have duplicate contact information between users, how is this handled by Sales Force?  For example, if I have 3 or 4 folks upload their contact lists to Sales Forces, there will be a number of overlaping contacts between the 3 or 4 uploads.  How does Sales Force eliminate the dupes, or does it?  Or are all contacts tracked by employee doing the upload?

Thanks in advance,

Bing
jtjaardjtjaard
Hi Bing,

From what I understand of SalesForce, it does not handle dupes out of the box. Unfortunatly this can be a problem, but it has created a market for deduping software. Some of the clients I work with use it (deduping software). You can however manually dedupe contacts by merging data. You could also probably create some validation rules that take care of this for you (I'm not sure on this one, but it seems possible). So for example, you could have it so that when people upload their contacts, the validation rule looks at the contact its creating, checks that that person doesn't already exist and if they do, the info is merged together.

Hope this little bit of information helps you get to the correcet answer.

Joe

Bing Owens wrote:
Another quick question.  When I have duplicate contact information between users, how is this handled by Sales Force?  For example, if I have 3 or 4 folks upload their contact lists to Sales Forces, there will be a number of overlaping contacts between the 3 or 4 uploads.  How does Sales Force eliminate the dupes, or does it?  Or are all contacts tracked by employee doing the upload?

Thanks in advance,

Bing