function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MickyGMickyG 

Case follow up

The Production Manager at my work wants a fail safe put in place that automatically creates a follow up task and assigns it to one of the production assistants that prevents cases from being put in through the outlook "Add Case" from being forgotten about and over looked.

Best Regards
Michael Gill,
The Banner Lady
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
If you're on Group or Professional, there isn't a way to specifically automatically create a task. Enterprise or Unlimited Edition can create workflow rules to automatically create a followup task. On all editions, you can create escalation rules to remind the user via email when a case has been forgotten for a period of time. Workflow rules are under Setup | App Setup | Customize | Workflows & Approvals, and escalation rules are under Setup | App Setup | Customize | Cases | Escalation Rules. Escalation rules won't create tasks, but will remind the user via email that they have cases they need to work on.
MickyGMickyG
Thanks for the tip but this still isnt working for me. i have told the assigned the workflow to the appopriate person using the task functionallity, however i mearly want it to be when ever a job is created and have made a rule of when case number > 1 which should be always however this is still failing to work can you give me any suggestions about the rule or hy this would not be working.