function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cuemaster98Cuemaster98 

Newbie question...creating new custom tabs

I have recently taken over administration of Salesforce from another user and am still quite new to the system.  We have created a few custom tabs which are simply a redirection to another web site and I have been able to figure out how to add new tabs pointing to other web sites.

Our Marketing Manager has now requested that a new tab be displayed which will only be visible if certain users (branch managers) log into the system.  Is there a way to set security on a tab so that only specific users can access it??

Assistance is appreciated...
Carl_V1Carl_V1

Look at the tab settings in the user Profile sections. You can control tab visibility and access there.

Regards,

Carl

Cuemaster98Cuemaster98

Sorry, I am a bit unsure where to find that.  I can see the Customize My Tabs button on the main screen and I believe this will change my individual display.  Ideally I need to allow a tab to appear for a group of 10 people.

Can you let me know where in particular I would need to look to find the information you are mentioning?

Thanks...

David GorslineDavid Gorsline
For Enterprise and Developer Editions, the menu path is Setup | Administration Setup | Manage Users | Profiles. Then click the Edit link corresponding to the profile that is associated with your branch managers, and look at the Tab Settings pane of the page.

I'm not sure how to get there under Professional Edition. You may have to manage the tab settings one-by-one for your branch managers.
Cuemaster98Cuemaster98

I am running the Professional Edition which probably explains the problems I am encountering :smileysurprised:

Thanks for this input.  I will have to check with the management team and see whether they would like me to customize each managers screen.