function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thorntonthornton 

Removing "Powered by Salesforce"

How can I remove the "Powered by Salesforce" footers?
darozdaroz
Javascript Injection. :)

After Winter '06 releases, presuming they don't patch out the 'feature' that allows me to slip it in, I'll be posting a how-to. :)
thorntonthornton
I'm refering to the Javascript message sent from SF. This fotter get put on through the web interface and API.
darozdaroz
Yep. :)

I'm able to remove the logos and alter any text from many of the UI pages, as well as printable views. Exported reports I can't fix tho.

(Though I don't know of a "Powered by Salesforce" from the API...)

As a complete side note someone asked me awhile ago, and I haven't really bother to follow up on it as I'm not a lawayer but... Can SFDC claim copyright on the web pages that include your company's data? Shouldn't the copyright message read "Portions Copyright...." or something similiar? Any lawyers around wanna tackle that one? :)
thorntonthornton
They are not claiming copyright by placing the Powered Footer.
darozdaroz
I was referring to the text at the bottom of the page: "Copyright © 2000-2005 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved."
DevAngelDevAngel
sheesh
darozdaroz

DevAngel wrote:
sheesh

If you only knew how many time I heard about the big SFDC logo on those printable views from the people who were doing service on-site you'd really understand. And yes, I was really getting nit-picky about the copyright statment... I'm looking for a needle in a haystack debugging code. :)
Again AgainAgain Again
Is it possible now, after Winter 06 release, to remove the Salesforce logos from the app without writing a lot of custom scripts?