function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
J_HinderJ_Hinder 

AppExchange Rules

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but I've been to 2 CRM Success events and I haven't been able to get a good solid answer to this question, so I'm hoping that somebody on the board will know.

I'm curious to know what the rules/structure/process will be for using the AppExchange?

I understand the part about partners/vendors being able to put applications out there that everyone can see, demo, purchase, etc. They also have a process that they must go through to become a vendor/partner and during that time, their application gets tested and verified by Salesforce.

I also understand the part about individual developers being able to put their applications out there and implement it at different customer sites, and allow specific customers to use & deploy that code.

What I don't understand is whether or not individual developers can put applications out on the AppExchange that everyone can see, demo, purchase, deploy, etc, just like a vendor/partner? Will there be a process for getting applications approved, or will you have to become a partner/vendor? This area seems to fuzzy to the people (mostly SE's) that I've asked...
Ron HessRon Hess
>>individual developers can put applications out on the AppExchange that everyone can see, demo, purchase, deploy, etc

Short answer, Yes.
Independent developers will be able to post apps to the public. These apps will get registered on the exchange just like the partner apps will.

>> Will there be a process for getting applications approved?

Yes, it's a simple check list by salesforce.com for offensive material and what-not, then it's gets listed. The list of do's-dont's will get posted when the "how to publish" info goes up.

Yes, this is a fine place to post AppExchange questions.

>> This area seems to fuzzy to the people (mostly SE's) that I've asked...

Fuzzyness is everywhere, mostly cause it's so fresh, it should come into focus soon..

Ron Hess