function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jmcolejmcole 

Loading external pages/content within a Salesforce page?

Is is possible to load pages external to Salesforce within the a particular area of a Salesforce page. Something like what can be done with the custom links, but at a more granular level in terms of the content on the page.

For example, on a Salesforce page displaying Salesforce content in a particular content section, could I also have a content section right next to it (above or below) loading in an external page from another site?

Or a related question, can you further divide a Salesforce page into additional frames and load external content that way?

I'm interested in how much of this can be done in Salesforce using the existing configuration options (like Custom Links does) and how much would require developing an entirely separate application to be run as part of the AppExchange?

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
John
DevAngelDevAngel

There is currently no mechanism for displaying external content within a salesforce page. All external content will either be in a new window, or on it's own page as you have seed with web links.

:smileysad:

jmcolejmcole
Ok, thanks very much Dave.
DevAngelDevAngel
Actually, I'm currently investigating a potential solution that MAY be available after next release. If I come up with a workable solution I'll post in the sforce blog.

Cheers.
MrTikMrTik

Did anything happen in the direction of rendering/loading external content in sites / customer portal?