function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RichardRichard 

"Insufficient access rights on cross-reference id" since Winter '06 Release

Hello,

We have code that was running successfully on Friday 6 January but began failing over the weekend with the error: "Insufficient access rights on cross-reference id" whilst trying to create CASEs.

(Our code has not been changed. Java SOAP API version 2.0, (Code was written in 2003))

Am I right to suspect the Winter '06 release for breaking things?

Can anyone provide a detailed explanation for the error message that might give me a hint of what is going on?

Thanks,

Tony

JimPDXJimPDX
We were seeing that same message in our Esker On-Demand FAX system (an AppExchange solution).
IleneIlene
We are seeing the same thing trying to create cases through the API that are owned by a queue.
SuperfellSuperfell
Make sure you all log cases so we can track and fix these issues.
ECCLisaECCLisa
Just wanted to give visibility and add myself to the mix in case anyone else queries the forum on this issue. I experienced this error for the first time today when using the API to add records to a custom object whose Master Object is the Opportunity object. We also experienced some intermittent connectivity issues that SF is aware of. I'm hoping the dust settles soon.
SuperfellSuperfell
I believe the fix for the issue with creating cases with the owner being is queue is now live.
RichardRichard

Hello Simon,

CONFIRMED.

This seems to be now working for us without any problems.

Thanks,

Tony