function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AsshAssh 

Assigning service to contact

I want to track employment history for each contact. In employment history we are tracking information such as previous experience, skills etc.   If any contact needs assistance in getting job, then I need assign him to hiring resources.If some contact needs some class then, I need to assign him to a education class.I am thinking to implement this in the following way.
1. create custom object for employemnt history
2. create lookup filed in the contact to connect it to employemnt object.
I am not sure how to assign class or hiring resources to the contact. Could any one please guide me on this? What is the best way to implement this in Salesforce?

Thank you,

Assh

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Business requirements are not very much clear. Are you planning to maintain tables for hiring resources and classes ? And on the basis of the requirement, you will suggest the contacts to the hiring resources and classes. In my opinion, you need to create a custom application for this. You have to expose some visualforce pages either on sites or customer portal, where the contacts will put their requirements and on the basis of the business logic, you will suggest them the alternatives.

AsshAssh

Hi,

Here is the requirement. Company has a paper form that people fill out with the request for services. The service can be hiring resource or providing education class. This form is a questionnaire that has to be answered by the person who fills up the form.Company will go through the answers and manually assign service to the person.

How to capture the requested information on Salesforce?

Where to store list of available services info on Salesforce and how to assign appropriate service to the requested person?[ can I store services info as a product and assign it to contact?]

My goal is when I do reporting, I should know whether customer has received the services they had requested for or there are any pending requests. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Assh