function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RuudRuud 

visibility of custom Page

hi,

I have created my custom page on visualforce platform,Now how do i make it visible to all others? Now only i can view it.

SteveBowerSteveBower

Ask yourself the question:  "How are my users going to navigate to my page?"

Are they going to be using buttons on a page somewhere in which case you need to create a new button or override an existing one.

Are they going to want to just automatically see your VF page every time they, for example, look at an Opportunity record?  If so, they you might want to embed your VF page in a page layout, etc.

So, figure out what your users will be doing when you want them to see your page and then you'll know where you need to put the hooks to make the VF page accessible.

Also, you may be talking about security setting in which case you need to go and set the permissions for the VF pages and any classes you may have written so that the other users can use them.

Best, Steve.

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Enable the visualforce page to the profiles you want them to be accessed.

That can be done by navigating through Setup-->Develop-->Pages . Click Security  link beside the Visualforce page you want it to be accessed by others.

AxxxVAxxxV

Did anyone find a resolution to this? I am observing the same intermittent behavior. The same user is able to view the embedded visualforce page, but occasionally they get a Insufficient Privilleges Error. I know that this is not because of CRUD or FLS because the same user is able to view the embedded page on the same Case record.

Seems like this may have to do with a session expiration because it seems to occur after a period of inactivity. After the user closes the browser and re-logins the embedded page renders correctly again.

Any ideas?