function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kminevkminev 

Login with new user to a SandBox

HI,

I have a SandBox instance that I have created a months ago and now we have a new user created on our production instance who I want to be able to acess the sandbox.

For some reason any new user who was created after the sandbox snapshot cannot login to the SandBox.

Any ideas why? Do I need to refresh my sandbox and if I do so will my changes (vforce pages, object fields) be overwritten?

Thanks in advance.

MVJMVJ

Just create the new user in your sandboxx too.  The users that came over to your sandbox were based upon the production users at the time of the refresh.  New production users to NOT get created into your sandbox.  you need to manually add them.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Sandbox is the exact copy of the main org. After creating the sandbox, if you do some changes in the main org then it will not reflect in the sandbox and in the same manner, if you do some changes in sandbox then it will not reflect in the main org. You need to deploy the changes from one org to another. You can refresh the sandbox but think before doing it. Any changes or new development done in the sandbox will be gone/overwritten and you will not be able to get it back. It is better to create the same users manually or deploy them by using dataloader in the sandbox.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

kminevkminev

Thank everyone for their input. How do I create a user on the sandbox without running into the issues with obtaining new licences from salesforce?