function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
stuckonforcestuckonforce 

Email Relay

I am setting up email relay, but I am having issues with my firewall bouncing the emails since they are addressed to customers not my company. How are people getting around this issue.

Thanks.

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

You will need to configure your networks setting and relay server to accept the relayed emails. 

1. Make sure you do not setup an open relay. Lock it down by IP address, you can also inspect the email headers for your OrgID as well 

2. Check what routing rules you have in place for incoming emails, often you will have to change these settings to allow the emails. Alternatively you might want to setup a specific MTA (email server) to manage the relayed emails, for example PostFix or sendmail. You can then have different rules for those compared to your Exchange env (if that is what you are using)

3. Depending on what you are planning on doing with these emails, you might have to check if all email bound for external domains are routed correctly, often the MTA will do a MX lookup and turn around and deliver to final recipient, if you want the email to be routed on your internal network first you will have to change the policy for that.