function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
satheeshrsksatheeshrsk 

Not able to see case comments when logged as different user with same profile and role

Hello,
    I'm facing a issue with mobile application, I added Case Object to the Dataset and case comments as subset of Case to the mobile configuration. My profile is system admin, the problem is i'm able to see the case comments, but some of other people with different profile and role are not able to see case comments. I tried by changing their profile as admin and as same role i have, but even they are not able to see the case comments.
I tried by changing my profile and role to other user profile, still am able to see the comments for all the cases.

Please let me know what would be issue, this is very high priority. Please throw a light.

Regards,
Satheesh

Going South.ax738Going South.ax738

If your profile can see CASE details, the same permission carry over to case comments. This is true for Case owners.

In your case, I believe you are the case owner, hence even if you switch profiles, you can see case & its comments.

To allow other users to see case comments, you need to make the main case record to be enabled for viewing for that user profile.

One common work around practice is to make queues as case owner and place all users under that queue so that only a group of users can see case+comments exclusively.