function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Developer129Developer129 

Related list not visible for for normal user on parent detail page

Hi,

I have got an object B that has a master-detail relationship with another object A (A being the parent). Now when I am logged in as admin I see the child related list, the new button for the child record on the detail page of object A, however if I change to another normal user I do not see the child related list and the new button for the child record.

I checked the security setting for the child, it is 'controlled by parent'. Since I am initially creating the parent record (object A)  and then going to the detail page of the parent with the same normal user therefore I presume that it should show me the option of creating the child records.

Help would be appreciated

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Possibly could be one of them

1. Check whether the same Page Layout is assigned to the Profile of other user as sys admin has.

2. See that the Other user profile has Create permission for the object A and B. You can check that in CustomObject permissions.

All Answers

Possibly could be one of them

1. Check whether the same Page Layout is assigned to the Profile of other user as sys admin has.

2. See that the Other user profile has Create permission for the object A and B. You can check that in CustomObject permissions.

This was selected as the best answer

Can you tell what change you made that worked?

Thanks

Developer129Developer129

The second one:

2.  See that the Other user profile has Create permission for the object A and B. You can check that in CustomObject permissions.

Thanx