function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
YrmaYrma 

Creating a field under custom object

Hello,

I am trying to create an auto populated field on a custom object page layout.  The field I am attempting to auto populate is called "opportunity owner" in a custom object from the opportunity page.  I spoke to SFDC support who directed me to this page for a formula to create this automated field.

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you,

Yrma

squekywheelsquekywheel

It is not clear from your message what detail you are inquiring. In a custom object, you create a custom field. In order to get the custom field autopopulated, you either create a autocreated number or a formula field.

A computed field is a formula field and it typically derives data from the values of another field in the object or the related objects.

YrmaYrma

I'm sorry... new to this. 

I am trying to create a formula field using field value from the opportunity page named "opportunity owner" to automatically populate on our "demo page"(custom object) using the same field name "opportunity owner".

Hope this makes more sense.

Thank you!

Yrma

squekywheelsquekywheel

I am assuming that your demo page is associated to an Opportunity in some way, perhaps a m-1 relationship (an opportunity may have many demos?).

If that is the case, in the formula field you can find the values of the related objects fields, etc and insert them in your formula by traversing a relationship, such as $Opportunity__r.OwnerId...

The formula fields help you to navigate and obtain the values of related objects or system object fields, such as $User.

HTH.