function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFRichSFRich 

Change to public calendar on home page

Does a user keep the same Home page regardless of App?  Can I switch a home page when the App changes?  I am creating a custom app with it's own public calendar.  When the user selects the App, how can I update / switch their calendar to see the public calendar?  In other words, can I automate the Calendar 'Change' option when they switch Apps?
WmWm
You can try creating separate pagelayouts for the different apps. I havent done it may it might help.
WmWm
The calender is based on the user and not the apps, so the change of calender will not be possible. Infact each user should only have visibility into their own calender and nothing else.
Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

Well, there is a way-around to achieve this. So i would not say it is not possible :D

You can embed an I-Frame in the home page where you can check, which app are you currently in. You can do this by checking the parent window URL. It's like-

https://na3.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp?tsid=02u50000000AJMl

Here, "tsid" corresponds to the app you have selected. So, checking this, you can render components on your home page dynamically;)

try n see if this works for u!! 

Cool_D 

Message Edited by Cool_Devloper on 12-09-2009 06:28 PM