function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lbasclelbascle 

web to lead- email alerts

my org is receiving email alerts everytime a lead is created via a web to lead form, and put simply, i don't know why!

- there are no workflow rules on leads, no email alerts, no assignment rules

- the "Notify Default Lead Owner"  is unticked

-  the lead creator of web to leads is me, but the email alert is being sent tothe org email, not to my email

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
lbasclelbascle

just to let you know we worked it out:

it was the debug email in the web to lead form. for some reason, we were being sent an email for every lead created, rather than just for those that were bugged/didn't go through properly.

we uncommented the debug email lines, and now finally we are not getting hundreds of irrelevant emails in our inbox anymore. 

the only issue with that is that we are not getting either emails for the leads that were not created successfully, but seeing the volume, it is the preferrable solution.

if you have any idea why the debug email behaved like this in the first place, that would be great!

All Answers

jkucerajkucera
Are you over the limit for # / day?  500 for PE, 1000 for EE.
lbasclelbascle

no, we are way below that.

I wondered whether the notification could be in the web to lead form itself? we disabled the debug email as well, so i don't know where else to look.

jkucerajkucera
Check out auto-response rules - you may have some active.  Setup-->Customize-->Leads-->AutoResponse Rules.
lbasclelbascle

just to let you know we worked it out:

it was the debug email in the web to lead form. for some reason, we were being sent an email for every lead created, rather than just for those that were bugged/didn't go through properly.

we uncommented the debug email lines, and now finally we are not getting hundreds of irrelevant emails in our inbox anymore. 

the only issue with that is that we are not getting either emails for the leads that were not created successfully, but seeing the volume, it is the preferrable solution.

if you have any idea why the debug email behaved like this in the first place, that would be great!

This was selected as the best answer
Jennifer IgartuaJennifer Igartua

Hi Ibascle, 

On web to lead forms, there are 2 fields (debug & debug email). 

If debug is turned on with a value of "1" and debug email is populated with anemail, you will receive a notification. You can turn off the functionality by removing those values. 

I realize I am 4 years late to your question, but I was searching for a similar topic & figured I'd update for the community. 

Jen