function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EricVlachEricVlach 

Force.com plugin in Eclipse - deploying apex classes to production org errors

Trying to deploy 2 apex classes to my production org. One of the two has 'an error occurred on your page,' and wont let me deploy. The other passes the tests and succeeds the deployment plan. Weird part: when I try to deploy both at the same time, it tells me both of them have errors. I can't figure out what the error is. What should be my next step? Where do I find details about the 'error on the page?' how do I deploy!!?? *argg* :smileymad:

Test Deployment Results when I do only the first one:

Test Deployment Result when I do both at the same time:

When I try the second one by itself, i get the same error as above. 

Message Edited by EricVlach on 01-13-2009 03:51 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell
You should be able to deploy the classes and pages in a single go, and it'll handle the circular references.

All Answers

JonPJonP
As an aside, I saw your original screencast URL before you edited the message.  There is a known issue with Eclipse Help, which can be resolved by following the instructions in this Force.com IDE FAQ item:

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE_FAQ#After_installing_the_Force.com_IDE.2C_Eclipse_Online_Help_won.27t_open.__What_can_I_do.3F
(link)
EricVlachEricVlach
Thanks for all your help, JonP. I'm slowly resolving all my issues... I need some patience pills... or maybe a J.
EricVlachEricVlach
So I found out why I was getting the error, after deleting everything from the class and adding a few lines at a time and saving to the production org until I found the culprit(s). They are page references to visualforce pages, but I'm in a catch-22... I can't deploy the class because it's looking for the pages, and I can't deploy the VF pages, because they are looking for the class!

The class is a controller extension for a 'create new' wizard. Each page has a Previous and/or Next button. The wizard consists of three VF pages, called
wiz1 (with a button to the second page -- <apex:commandButton action="{!step2}" value="Next" /> )
wiz2 (buttons to step1 and step3)
wiz3 (button step2)

In the controller, the methods that return the different pages:
public PageReference step1() { return Page.wiz1; }
public PageReference step2() { return Page.wiz2; }
public PageReference step3() { return Page.wiz3; }

I can't link to the other VF pages in VF markup using an apex : outputLink, because then it reloads the extention and looses the data from the first page. I need multiple pages, because the wizard adds multiple other objects based on results from the first page. Is there a way to get the 3 wizard pages while avoiding this catch-22 problem when deploying?

I suppose I could create empty VF pages with the above wizard page names, then upload the apex class, then add content to those VF pages... but that's a pretty silly, there's got to be another solution.       ... right?
SuperfellSuperfell
You should be able to deploy the classes and pages in a single go, and it'll handle the circular references.
This was selected as the best answer