function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RatherGeekyRatherGeeky 

Migrate Fiscal Year Customizations from Sandbox to Producation

I read a tutorial about migrating custom objects, pages, etc., but I'm not sure if custom fiscal years can be transferred, and how that can be done. So, basic question: Is there a method for transferring custom fiscal years to production from a sandbox? (Typically, I keep track of and redo my sandbox modifications in the production environment, which is not the most effective way to 'transfer' changes. In fact, it's rather ridiculous.)

Please note, I don't have a whole lot of experience with Eclipse, if that is involved in the solution.

Kindly advise if you have any suggestions for better methods.

Thanks!
srcasmsrcasm
@J Baze,
Are you looking to move data or simply custom objects between the Sandbox and the Production environment? If no data is included, you could make an App in "Setup->Create->Apps" and include all of your custom objects, APEX code, etc and then use the link it makes to move it to production.

If you need data then you can either use something like the Excel connector or the "Export Data" features in Salesforce and then the "Import" feature under "Setup->Data Management->Import".

Hope this helps.
RatherGeekyRatherGeeky
Thanks for the info. For this specific post, I want to transfer the custom fiscal years that I created in the sandbox, since they required a bit of customization off of the SF templates. (I guess my question was kind of in two parts.)

JonPJonP
I do not believe custom fiscal years are supported by the Metadata API as of Winter '09.  If they are not listed in the Metadata API Developer's Guide, then they are not supported.

If this is the case, you would need to reconfigure your custom fiscal years in your production organization manually.
RatherGeekyRatherGeeky
Thanks for the info. I think standard are listed, but not custom. I checked: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm and searched for "fiscal years." It also said: "This is a read-only object. For information on setting up custom or standard fiscal years, see the Salesforce online help."
JonPJonP
You actually want to look at the Metadata API guide, not the Web Services API guide:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/index.htm (link)

But I searched it for "fiscal" and the only hits were in the metadata for Reports, which isn't what you're looking for.
RatherGeekyRatherGeeky
Ah. Thanks for checking. Guess I'll have to do it manually. Thanks for your help nonetheless.