function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PookyPooky 

Field Update workflow for Oppoertunity amount

Hello,

I am trying to create field update workflow for the opportunity record but I can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Workflow:

If amount =      - This is for a blank field

Then field update a custom field Initial Premium

Initial_Premium__c

However, nothing is updating the amount field.

Thanks for any help

shillyershillyer
What do you mean nothing is updating the amount field? If you edit the Opportunity directly, can you update the amount then? Or are you trying to update the amount through Products?

Best,
Sati
JCoppedgeJCoppedge
Create a workflow rule on the opportunity object, set it it to "Every time a record is created or edited" or whatever is appropriate, then set the filter criteria to amount = (leave blank).  Then add a field update to this rule for your custom field and activate the workflow rule.

If the field update is not working then can you post the formula you are using?
PookyPooky
Thanks. That is the exact formula I used and it didn't work. I went ahead and did a workaround instead.
shillyershillyer

This may be related, but currently validation rules, workflow rules and triggers on the opportunity (parent) are not always fired when an opportunity product or schedule (child) updates the opportunity on roll-up fields like amount. In Spring '09, this behavior will change and will consistently fire on the parent. That's why I was wondering if you are trying to trigger your workflow by changing the opportunity amount through the products. There are workarounds to make it consistently fire today. This new feature is discussed in detail on the New Opportunity Save Behavior page.

Hope that helps,

Sati

Message Edited by shillyer on 01-19-2009 09:59 AM
PookyPooky
Thank you!