function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pcristinipcristini 

Application to pull content

The company I work for is looking to do a salesforce application which will pull some content from our system to display for users of salesforce. We would be using RPC webservices to retrieve the content and we're wondering if this is feasible using salesforce's API. The basic idea is to just pull some data and show it to the users.

Any input to where to look in the documentation for something like this would be greatly appreciated.

Paulo

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

Hi Paulo,

You can do this with Visualforce and Apex Code.  First, create an Apex Class that calls your external application API. Then you create a Visualforce page or maybe just a Visualforce component so you can add to an existing page. This Visualforce page will use this class to display the data inside the Salesforce app.

Here's a good example of something similar using Salesforce and Zillow.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Hi Paulo,

You can do this with Visualforce and Apex Code.  First, create an Apex Class that calls your external application API. Then you create a Visualforce page or maybe just a Visualforce component so you can add to an existing page. This Visualforce page will use this class to display the data inside the Salesforce app.

Here's a good example of something similar using Salesforce and Zillow.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
pcristinipcristini

Thank you Shillyer for pointing me to that example. It showed me almost exactly what I was looking for.

Paulo