function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FinnArildFinnArild 

Setting a date field when replying on a case

We are setting up our support department to use Salesforce and most of the setup has gone fine - but we want to set a date field when a case is answered/replied to by email the first time. This turned out to be very difficult since:

- There's no way of triggering anything on an email

- There's no way to customise the "Send an email" button - or even remove it (related pane to case).

I would be very happy if someone has got any ideas for this.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf

Yes there is.  Provided you have turned on Email To Case, there's an object under case called Email Message.  You can make workflows on Email Message which update the parent Case.  Here, you'd want to set your criteria such that you stamp your field when the email message is outbound (i.e. "Is Incoming equals false") and that field is empty, and put a field update on it to stamp it.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf

Yes there is.  Provided you have turned on Email To Case, there's an object under case called Email Message.  You can make workflows on Email Message which update the parent Case.  Here, you'd want to set your criteria such that you stamp your field when the email message is outbound (i.e. "Is Incoming equals false") and that field is empty, and put a field update on it to stamp it.

This was selected as the best answer
FinnArildFinnArild

Hey, thanks! That worked beautifully. It seems you are the man with the answers here - maybe you can help me out with this one as well? It's my last to-do.

Thanks!