function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TLFTLF 

Queues and Custom Objects

I'm trying to create for a custom object type that I have created. When I go to the queue creation page, my custom object type is not showing up in the list of available objects, while other custom object types are. In my case, my object type is part of a master/detail relationship in which the Account object is the master. Is there a limitation on queues in that you cannot create a queue on custom objects that are "detail" objects in the master/detail relationships? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the documentation.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MarkSilberMarkSilber
You are correct -- you can't have a Queue for a custom object that is the detail for another object. This is because detail records use the parent's owner to control sharing, so there isn't an "owner" for these detail records.

All Answers

MarkSilberMarkSilber
You are correct -- you can't have a Queue for a custom object that is the detail for another object. This is because detail records use the parent's owner to control sharing, so there isn't an "owner" for these detail records.
This was selected as the best answer
Onttu Lindeman 12Onttu Lindeman 12
So my queue already exists for my custom object and has been working for 6 month however now that i want to remove a memeber its asking i select a new object. But its allowing me to use this queue for a object i cant select in supported object.