function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DSLDSL 

very simple dashboard gauge

I'm trying to do something very simple. I have a custom object with a number value:

object.field = 50.

I want to make a dashboard gauge that shows that value.

But every time I try to make a report, it shows the number of records...always 1 for me. Is there a way to have the gauge chart show the value, not the number of records?

If so, how?

Thanks!

DSL

JimRaeJimRae
you could use a summary report, and sum the value of that field, and not sum Record Count. 
DSLDSL

Thanks Jim. That's what I thought and what the dummies book says. But I just can't see it. I made a summary report on a custom object. I included 2 fields, a text and a number. On the select columns to total, I chose a sum of the number field. The report itself looks like this:

Overall Score Score1 Score2 Score3
Name: example.com (1 record)

37 53 5 21
Grand Totals (1 record)

I then go to dashboard, add a gauge, select the report, and it shows number of records (1). I'm trying to get it to show 37. I have seen examples where they sum $ values, but anyone know how to do that? I can't wait until they improve their reports....

Thanks!

DSL

DSLDSL

Just got it. It would not do the right thing until I created a chart in the report itself. If I left the report as text with no chart, it shows row count on ALL components. But once I put in any type of chart, bar/pie/etc... it pulled out the total.

JimRaeJimRae

Another trick I use is to create a chart on the report, that seems to help get the dashboard components to render correctly.

Saskia KuipersSaskia Kuipers
I am struggling with the same issue... Don't seem to be able to select the value on ''Measure'' field in the dashboard editor. 

User-added image

How do you create a chart on the report?