function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WakeUpMaggieWakeUpMaggie 

Default Opportunity Name

I have a picklist on the Opportunity labeled "Opportunity Type" which the sales rep selects from upon creation of the Opportunity. I would like to have the Opportunity Name default to the Account Name-Opportunity Type.  I understand how to build the workflow rule, but when I start the field update I don't understand how to build the formula, need some help.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

Here's the formula you would use to build a field update based off Account Name and Opportunity Type (standard field, not custom):

Account.Name +" - "+ CASE(Type, "New Customer", "New Customer", "Existing Customer - Upgrade", "Existing Customer - Upgrade", "Existing Customer - Replacement", "Existing Customer - Replacement", "Existing Customer - Downgrade","Existing Customer - Downgrade", "No Type")

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Here's the formula you would use to build a field update based off Account Name and Opportunity Type (standard field, not custom):

Account.Name +" - "+ CASE(Type, "New Customer", "New Customer", "Existing Customer - Upgrade", "Existing Customer - Upgrade", "Existing Customer - Replacement", "Existing Customer - Replacement", "Existing Customer - Downgrade","Existing Customer - Downgrade", "No Type")

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
WakeUpMaggieWakeUpMaggie

Thanks, that works perfect!!!

Maggie

;-)