function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JSBrianJSBrian 

Amazon ec2

I see the examples for Amazon s3 in Salesforce, and see the value of adding storage to Salesforce via Amazon however can someone point me to docs or examples of what the benefits is to linking Salesforce is with ec2 is?  I see they have an AMI for PHP but we don't use PHP.  What connections am I making here that are so special?  The one example I see shows a tab of my instances, that isn't useful in anyway really. 

Any direction would be helpful.

Ron HessRon Hess

take a look at cloud loader, this is an open source AIM, java i believe.

just one idea:

you could use workflow in salesforce to trigger an apex method that started up an EC2 instance to perform some calculation.  

JSBrianJSBrian

Is that the integration point for right now with ec2?  Simply loading up AMI's from Salesforce? 

Ron, you and I have chatted in email some about this.  In terms of us hosting webservices external to Salesforce is there any special sauce going on there with ec2 or you simply follow the same process you have been doing.

thanks

Ron HessRon Hess

the ec2 stuff is basicaly using their API to manage / view AMI's that are running or available.

Yes, we have an AMI that has code that will talk to the Force platform.

No, nothing special, just the API to API for S3 and EC2

tsaichek2tsaichek2

Ron,

We are trying to load Cloud Loader and running into some issues.  Have you, or do you know anyone who has actually loaded it and is using it.  We are trying to get some pointers.

also, do you know if it works with secure ftp?

thanks

tom