function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gotherthanthougotherthanthou 

Discard a Sandbox

How do I discard a sandbox that I don't want anymore?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

go to datamanagement select the sandbox and delete it if you don't want to use it

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

FYI...

Delete option will be only visible if your org exceeds the limt of sandboxes alloted.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Nope, you can see the delete option even though if your org doesn't exceeds the sandbox limit,you can check by going to production datamanagement -sandbox, on the top you can see the information and even though if it says you are using 10 sandboxes out of an allowed limit of 21, still you can see the delete option next to the sandbox

Thanks Venu for sharing the info.

But i could not see the same in my instance.

Does the behavior differ in the orgs?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

I guess it's only for unlimited edition...

Might be, i use enterprise edition.

EIE50EIE50

Hi Imran,

We do use Enterprise edition and i am (as an admin) able to see a delete link next to the Sandbox.

Sandbox Deletion option

Thanks.

gotherthanthougotherthanthou

I too am unable to see any option to delete a sandbox.

There is a 'New Sandbox' button which is disabled because up top it's telling me I'm using 2 out of 2.

There is a 'Show Sandbox Refreshes' button which takes me to a screen with refresh info.

There is a Refresh link next to each sandbox.  They are currently disabled because I created one of the sandboxes recently.

There is a Login link next to each sandox.

The name of each sandbox is a link that takes me to a sandbox detail page that does not have any options whatsoever.

It seems a little silly that I'm going to have to open a case to get rid of these things.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

You can have delete option only in unlimited edition but nor for other editions