function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CageMMACageMMA 

Question about Reports within SFDC??

Hi:

I have a junction object, named XYZJunction.

The first master relatinship is Account.

Secondary is Contact (Primary Contact).

I try to create a report to get the following:

1. The account
  2. The Primary Contact
  3. All Contacts for that Account.

Now the issue is I can get the contacts for that account but the primary contact name is blank when in reality it is not blank inside the object.

I have created a custom report, where I start with Account ==> Contact ==> XYZ Junction (with or without related records from XYZ Junction)

Why wouldn't it show the Primary Contact name ???

Thanks

Happy Holidays.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

I think you need to design your solution a bit differently to be able to achieve the desired result.

I think report or custom report  type is not going to serve your purpose. Had it been some summation based calculation which was dependent on the child object,  then that could have been achieved via rollup summary and reports, but since that is not the case. You need to implement  trigger on your custom linker object such that whenever a contact is marked as "Primary" it should take over the id of tha.t object in a lookup field in the contact say called "Primary Contact"

If you do the above then your issue will get resolved and you even don't require to build custom report types.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.