function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RuchiGupta.ax863RuchiGupta.ax863 

Difference in different profiles

Hey!

For some reason there is diference in some fields in two profiles.

For "Admin" login, we have the MM/DD/YY format for dates. Whereas, for other profiles, it is DD/MM/YY.

Similarly, more disturbing is that: in ADMIN login, the mobile number occurs as (123) 456- 7890 and in other profiles, it is 1234567890 format.This is causing problems for us in certain validations.

Please help, from where can we remove these dissimilarities.

Require urgent help!

Thanks

Ruchi

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sh-at-youseesh-at-yousee

Hi RuchiGupta,

By 'Locale' I don't mean the location but the 'regional settings' for each user. Such as timezone, language etc.

Try looking at the user object for a user where it works as you expect it to and then also look at a user object for one where it doesn't work.

You can find the user objects here: Setup --> Manage Users --> Users. The fields I suggest checking out are placed in the section 'Locale Settings' - especially, the field 'Locale'.

/Søren Nødskov Hansen

All Answers

sh-at-youseesh-at-yousee

Hi,

I don't think it's the profiles that are causing the problems. It's more likely to be the Locale of the User.

Of course, I can't be sure but that would be my guess.

/Søren Nødskov Hansen

Thanks for the help!

But all the users: admin and all others are located in the same city.

Can there be any other reason for the same?

sh-at-youseesh-at-yousee

Hi RuchiGupta,

By 'Locale' I don't mean the location but the 'regional settings' for each user. Such as timezone, language etc.

Try looking at the user object for a user where it works as you expect it to and then also look at a user object for one where it doesn't work.

You can find the user objects here: Setup --> Manage Users --> Users. The fields I suggest checking out are placed in the section 'Locale Settings' - especially, the field 'Locale'.

/Søren Nødskov Hansen

This was selected as the best answer

Thanks Sir for the help.

Regards,

Ruchi