function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
myanceymyancey 

New Trigger Writer Needs Help

Some research has led me to believe it will be much easier to use the IDE instead of Ant to deploy my trigger.  So, I installed the IDE.  Created a new project File->New->Force.com Project selecting Sandbox as the Environment.  So far so good.

Now, do I need to re-enter my trigger here or will it find the one I already built in the Sandbox?

Assuming I needed to re-create it here using the new project and following an example, I tried to create a new trigger by right clicking the new project. then New-> Apex Trigger.  However, I don't get this option.  When I right click the new project, then New there is no Apex Trigger in the list of choices.  What am I doing wrong?

sravusravu

In the IDE you will create a project from your sandbox instance and then import all the meta components from your sandbox. You need not recreate the trigger in IDE.

*werewolf**werewolf*

In Eclipse it usually doesn't show things you can add until you've added them once.  So you have the right idea, right click the project and go to New, then click Other..., and under Force.com you'll find Apex Trigger there.

If you're in Sandbox you can also add your triggers directly in the web environment by going to Setup | Customize | <Object> | Triggers, where <Object> is like Leads or Opportunities.