function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OzymandiasOzymandias 

Default Account Team: Contact and Opp Access only show "Read Only" option

Hi,

I'm trying to get our company's users to use Default Account and Sales Teams to share their records. However, I just found out that our standard users only see Read Only when they try to set Contact and Opportunity Access. I, having a System Administrator profile, can see both Read Only and Read/Write. Our standard user profile has read, create, edit & delete access on Accounts, Contacts and Opps.

I can't seem to find anything else on the Profiles or any documentation that shows how to allow a user to set Read/Write on Contacts and Opps on Default Account Teams. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

In order that users are able to modify others data , you need to go to the profile of the user concerned and check the rights w.r.t. different objects if is a standard objects check under  "Standard Object Permissions" under Data Administration .

Under data administration you need give the right of  "View All" and  "Modify All".

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

OzymandiasOzymandias

Hi Ispita,

I don't think that'd work for me. Giving View All or Modify All access just so they can share their Contacts and Opportunities to their Default Account Teams seems like overkill. Besides, that would defeat the purpose of using Account Teams since all records would be open to everyone.