function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
truetrue 

Is it possible to find appexchange package version using 7.0 API

Hi,
Do we support any method on 7.0 API, which can give the version for custom app?
If not, what will be the best way to find out the version for app force using API or dynamically?

thx,
True
DevAngelDevAngel
There are currently no AppExchange specific apis. You could be creative and create a simple custom object that installs with your app that contains your current app version, then query that object when you need to determine the version.
truetrue

Hi,

I came up with a custom object and have added one custom field (text)which stores the version no for the appexchange package. I have added one record to this custom field value=1 and set the custom field as readonly field.  Now added this custom object to appexchange package and updated and registered the package. Now in other developer account this package got installed. It has succesfully installed custom object but it didn't insert the record which is suppose to my appexchange version number. Even the custom field "readonly" property also not deployed with the appexcahnge package. Only reason for coming up with a custom field to set the propert as "readonly" which is not possible with standard field.

The main objective of this custom object is to keep track of version no. Do we have any custom field where I can set the default value as the version no and the default value gets deployed along with the appexchange package.

Any Suggestions????

Thanks,

True