function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
slwslw 

Prompt User for Custom Object's Search Criteria of View

Is it possible to build a view for a custom object where the user is prompted for the search criteria instead of having to explicitely define the search criteria string in view definition?

For example, would like to prompt the user for the product name instead of creating a view for each product.

- Steve W.
DevAngelDevAngel
Not sure what you want, can you elaborate a bit?
slwslw
I would like to set up a view on a custom ojbect called Product. This custom view will filter Products produced at a particular ProductionStudio. The ProductionStudio field is a lookup field of to a custom record ProductionStudio.

Instead of having to set up a view for each ProductionStudio, I would like one and have the user prompted for the name of the ProductionStudio.

Make sense?
DevAngelDevAngel
Sure, I understand. Views are not exposed via the api so I don't think there is a solution for you.
IkoIko

I am running into the same problem.

When viewing custom objects, one would expect to filter/search for any field in the custom objects list. Let's say you click Advanced search while viewing a custom object, and you get the same dialog you get when defining search criteria for a new view. As it stands now, one must either define or edit a view, or edit / define a new report.... or am I missing something?

Thanks

Message Edited by Iko on 09-27-2006 08:07 AM