function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LJHOWELJHOWE 

Populating the look up Contact Name on a Custom Button for OutBound Calls

I've read and used a lot of your code and really appreciate this discussion board.  Probably just missing a little code space or something.  My button takes specific users to a given Task Record Type with the Subject already populated to say "Outbound Calls".  All of the works and it returns to my record when cancelled or saved.  My problem is that it does not automatically populate the contact lookup name the same as the "Log a Call" button.  This button will save my sales support team time, but not if they have to select the contact once they push the button.

Any help is appreciated.

/00T/e?Title=Outbound Call &Whoid={!Contact.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Outbound Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&RecordType=012500000001CSc&ent

SteveBowerSteveBower

I think that instead of "WhoId" if you were to use "tsk2_lkid", you might be get what you want.   Best, Steve

LJHOWELJHOWE

Sorry, have been so busy with other things - but appreciate your suggestion; however it did not work.  Is there someplace I can see code for the tasks so I know what they mean?  Thanks!

LJHOWELJHOWE

Well, I kept playing with it and . . . . . This is what finally worked:

/00T/e?who_id={!Contact.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Outbound Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}

Thanks for your help Steve!