function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jiforcejiforce 

territory assignment rules

I have 2 Account Assignment Rules Defined in This Territory
if I active both of them, there will be no account assigned to the territory.
if I active only 1 of them, it works fine.
the rule is very simple. just city code equels certain number (there are a lot of numbers in one territory and no rules, so it needs to be added 1 by 1)
it seems one territory only accepts one rule....
But I want to run multiple rules in one territory without creating child territory. Does anyone know how to do it?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RDM1961RDM1961

Territory rules are applied with an AND, so all conditions must be met. Obviously your accounts are only in one city code so the results are blank. Depending on the number of city codes you have you could to this in a single rule. Something like this

Field                                 Operator                         Value     

City Code                         Equals                            456,345,567

Use the comma in the value to separate multiple city codes. If you run out of space to add values use additional rows in the filter. Be sure to set the advanced filter to 1 OR 2 OR 3 OR,.... if you use more than one row.

Hope that helps,

Rick

All Answers

RDM1961RDM1961

Territory rules are applied with an AND, so all conditions must be met. Obviously your accounts are only in one city code so the results are blank. Depending on the number of city codes you have you could to this in a single rule. Something like this

Field                                 Operator                         Value     

City Code                         Equals                            456,345,567

Use the comma in the value to separate multiple city codes. If you run out of space to add values use additional rows in the filter. Be sure to set the advanced filter to 1 OR 2 OR 3 OR,.... if you use more than one row.

Hope that helps,

Rick

This was selected as the best answer
atlantisatlantis

Hi guys,

Where to find the Territory Assignment Rules? is it an optional feature?

I'm using UE.

Very Appreciate it for your reply.

Atalantis

jiforcejiforce

There is an option just under "manager user" in setup which is called "Manage territory". Once you set up your territory , you can define rules to assign account into each territory....

atlantisatlantis

Thank you jiforce.

Do you know how contact saleforce.com to enable this feature if i used Developer Edition?

Regards,

Atlantis