function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TenaTena 

partner Portal Account

I have a Partner Portal account that I had to remove the Accounts tab because the Company sharing rules are Public Read only for Account.  This means that the Partner was able to see all our accounts rather than just their accounts.  I am unable to change the rule right now due to other stuff going on. 

In replace of the tab I was going to create a report for them to see what accounts are from them.  I am able to only show thier accounts on the reports.  When I create a report with just account name it will give the error of "Insufficient Privileges".  The report is viewable on the partner side.  The profile does have access to the accounts.

Why would the report come back with that error when they are able to view all accounts when they have the accounts tab?  

Thanks,

Tena

Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

There's got to be more to this, or perhaps some accidental incorrect info??? I don't know, are you sure they can see the report link? If the Partner Profile doesn't have the "run reports" permission, they'd get the "Insufficient Privileges" message, but they'd get it as soon as they click the Reports Tab.

With the info you've provided, the one other possibility I can think of right now is that maybe you moved the report into a report folder that the Partner can't access. It's possible that the report link still shows up in the recent reports list even though they can no longer access it.

Good luck, and please let us know if you resolve this and/or if you have more info.

TenaTena

I am sure.  I created an account for me to be able to log in as them to test it.  I create a brand new report in the folder that I allow the partner to view.  I select accounts and deselect all columns but account name.  I am able to run it.  I then log in the partner portal as them and I get the error. 

I also thought maybe because I hid the accounts tab.  So I "enabled" it again for the partner website and was able to see the accounts.  I created a new report and repeated the steps and again the error.  Very frustrating L

Someone has mentioned doing a visualforce page so I am going to try that.

Thanks,

Tena