function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BA_AdminBA_Admin 

Salesforce to Salesforce

I need help on salesforce to slaesforce, for example i established a connection from one org to other org, how do the users from my org can transfer the data to other the users of other org, do they have to establish multiple connections to each and every user

Will MoxleyWill Moxley

You can't assign things to specific users in another salefsorce customer org.  You can just send it to the other org.  The receiving org needs to put workflow, assignment rules, triggers, or a process in place to do the assignment to a specific user.  It wouldn't be very secure if we were to allow users in one customer org see the users in another customer org. 

DonSpilkyDonSpilky

Data is transferred via the "External Sharing" related list.  Only one connection is needed to establish the "pipe" between the different SF orgs, then External Sharing can be used to selectively share records.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Thanks that makes something clear, according to my understanding there can be multiple owners in sending the data from one org but there should be only one owner in receiving the data, and he is responsible for assigning that data to different users through workflow or assignment rules, iam i right?

Will MoxleyWill Moxley

Yes.  That is right. 

BA_AdminBA_Admin

But if i enable the manage connections to one profile then the multiple users assigned to that profile can have the access to that data rite, so if i receieve that data from other org then the multiple users belonging to my same profile can see that data, so how to restrict that.