function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
createamcreateam 

ant scripts fail from chapter 5 because of recordtype error in Position__c

I'm going through "The Developer's Guide to the Force.com Platform" and when I'm trying to do exercises in Chapter 5 using the intstructions here, I'm hitting an error. This error also fails all the setups for subsequent chapters.

Here's how I'm running it

user@TH0452 ~/Desktop/DevGuide $ ant Chapter5
Buildfile: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\DevGuide\build.xml

Chapter5:
     [echo] This command will add all the entities you will need for the exercises in Chapter 5 into your target organization.  The target organization is identified by the sf.username and sf.password in the build.properties file.          
     [echo]
    [input] Press any key to continue . . .

[sf:deploy] Request for a deploy submitted successfully.
[sf:deploy] Request Id for the current deploy task: 04sO0000000ETKbIAO
[sf:deploy] Waiting for server to finish processing the request...
[sf:deploy] Request Status: Completed

BUILD FAILED
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\DevGuide\build.xml:54: FAILURES:
Error: objects/Position__c.object(379,18):The label:Non-technical position on record type:Position__c.Non_technical_position is not unique
Error: objects/Position__c.object(575,18):The label:Technical position on record type:Position__c.Technical_position is not unique
Error: profiles/Admin.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/ContractManager.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/Custom%3A Marketing Profile.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/Custom%3A Sales Profile.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/Custom%3A Support Profile.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/CustomerManager.profile(261,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/MarketingProfile.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/Partner.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/ReadOnly.profile(228,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/SolutionManager.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/Standard.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found
Error: profiles/StandardAul.profile(240,29):In field: recordType - no RecordType named Position__c.Non_technical_position found

Total time: 18 seconds
user@TH0452 ~/Desktop/DevGuide $

Looking at the error, its failing when it tries to create the recordTypes in the Position__c object. Here is the snippet from Position__c.object

<pluralLabel>Positions</pluralLabel>
    <recordTypes>
        <fullName>Non_technical_position</fullName>
        <active>true</active>
        <description>Record type for non-technical position.</description>
        <label>Non-technical position</label>

I really appreciate any help regarding this as I'm kinda stuck in proceeding with my study guide as this dataload is essential for creating many email templates needed in exercises for Chapter 5.